Packaging Manager / Engineer for Special Chemical Products (m/f/d)
Location: Wesel near Düsseldorf
Exciting tasks await you – take on the dynamic challenge of managing and harmonizing the BYK Additive packaging portfolio across diverse product groups, including liquids, solids, pallets, and other aids. In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with marketing, design, and functional teams to develop and select packaging solutions that meet requirements for branding, product functionality, regulatory, and safety
- Standardize and streamline globally used packages to reduce complexity and cost
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure compliance with regulations and industry standards (i.e. laws and regulations in the European Economic Area and implementation of these requirements in processes and in software applications, e.g. VerpackG, UK PPT).
- Perform product and packaging testing to ensure quality and functionality
- Prepare technical documentation and specifications for packaging components and assemblies
- Work closely with procurement and suppliers to source packaging materials and components
- Provide support to the global BYK legal entities with advice on packaging technologies and best practice
- Support the procurement organization in concluding contracts, especially with regard to take-back systems
- Maintain a general overview of laws and regulations in countries (main sales areas and production regions) and global sustainability trends in packaging. Based on this, you develop recommendations for action
As a first step, please apply briefly and concisely with your CV via our job portal www.altana.jobs. We look forward to meeting you!
BYK-Chemie GmbH | Annika Conrad | HR | Phone: +49 281 670-26016
With this profile, you convince us – boost our team with your expertise! You have a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Packaging Engineering, or a related field. Additionally, you have at least 3 years of experience in product development or engineering, ideally within the chemicals industry. On top of this, you bring:
- A solid understanding of packaging materials and testing methods
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and industry standards for packaging of hazardous materials
- Experience in coordinating with marketing and design teams to develop packaging solutions
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively
- Business-fluent English language skills
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, flexible working hours with flextime and an impressive compensation with good employee benefits and pension plans.
BYK, as part of the ALTANA Group, is a leading global supplier of specialty chemicals. Our innovative BYK additives improve scratch resistance and surface gloss, the mechanical strength or flow behavior of materials, and properties such as UV- and light stability or flame retardancy.
BYK has a global network of subsidiaries and employs a workforce of more than 2,500 people worldwide.
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.