The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Customer service position to communicate information and take care of requests for sample orders, sales orders, and other literature. These requests may come from customers, salespeople, agents or distributors. The position exists to service existing customers and generates new business through customer sampling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order Management: Enters Sales or/and Sample Orders in a timely and accurate manner. Actively reviews assigned accounts for the following: product availability, suggestions for comparable products if in a backorder situation, inventory status, shipping information or any other customer request.
- Product Knowledge: Able to assist customers with inquiry regarding products and/or use of products. Able to work with internal channels with regards to new products, and/or maintain current products.
- Communication: Able to properly answer phone calls, emails and/or other forms of communication from the customer. Distribution of customer communications, sample letters, certificates of analysis, MSDSs, literature, and call reports. In addition to keeping proactive communication with internal departments including but not limited to Finance, Sales, and Operations.
- Shipping: Collaborates with the shipping teams to make sure the product ships on time, with the proper incoterms. This includes processing Export documents for International customers. Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Awareness and Shipping Paper training
- Record Keeping: Maintains all customers’ files and correspondence. Provide the necessary order reports when requested.
- Quality and Safety: Support BYK’s safety initiatives and objectives, in addition to properly tracking quality issues in our quality management system.
- Troubleshooting: Response to customer complaints investigates difficulties and works with the necessary departments to qualify root cause and provide customer satisfaction.
- Other Duties: Other duties may be required which may be assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor.
Your recipe for success
- Some knowledge on laws governing shipping of chemicals
- Must be detailed orientated with focus of superior customer service advocacy, and follow up skills.
- Must have the ability to interaction with employees or customers at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management is a plus
- SAP Knowledge
- 5+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of order management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook, and SAP
- CRM is a plus
- Ability to listen to internal and external customers and understand needs and follow up in a timely manner.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and plan working schedule.
- Work independently but in cooperation with other internal departments.
*This position has a Hybrid schedule
- Medical, Dental Vision- Participation within the first 30 days of employment
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Competitive Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with employer match
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00588
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Area of operations: Kundenbetreuung / CRM