The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of 2.3 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,400 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Accurately and safely perform all packaging and material handling procedures and operations in an orderly manner in the production area. Assist in product manufacturing as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate Filling equipment to package finished batches of material according to SOP’s
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Move and stage raw materials between production and warehousing areas as directed
- Maintain inventory accuracy in warehouse and production areas of all raw materials and packaging materials
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel in regard to their job progress
- Maintain organization and neatness of plant yard
- In accordance with production schedule, supply heating shed with appropriate raw materials
- Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers in accordance with procedures
- Assist in manufacturing procedures
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Employee will be required to:
- lift 25-55# bags from floor to height of 52 inches to load tanks (20-60 bags per batch)
- complete batch paperwork as required
- pour 5 gallon buckets of liquid chemical from the floor to a height of 52” (weighing between 40-60#)
- stock and unload liquid chemicals from the floor to heights up to 70 inches, at a weights of 40-60#
- pull and lift hose (25#) to a height of 48 inches to fill tanks (up to 25 times per day)
- wash vessels with hose
- transfer pails of chemical 2 feet constantly weighing from 40-60#, up to 300 pails per shift
- unload trucks filled with empty drums (up to 47#) and empty pails (up to 8#) at a constant rate and roll drum 30 feet
- push/pull the mobile pump to fill tanks requiring 20# of force
- push and pull 20’ hoses weighing up to 60# to fill from truck
- perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair/ladder climbing, and use a forklift personal platform (cage).
- safely operator material handling equipment such as forklifts, swing lifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- safely operate production equipment as directed
- speak on phone and radio
- correctly label packaged goods as directed under DOT standards
- remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
Your recipe for success
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Must be able to read and write English
- Good math aptitude
- Ability to read and follow manufacturing procedures
- Mechanical – Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
- Chemical – Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production applications
- Procedural – Understanding our procedures and our procedural format
- Mechanical Aptitude – The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
- Trainability – This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
- Physical Skill – to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00399
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung