The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Responsible for creation and monitoring of warehouse info/data in SAP, order tracking, expediting information, maintaining files, special project work as requested and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Dependable, punctual and professional appearance
- Manage the input of data associated with warehouse / shipping functions into SAP
- Create Daily/Transfer/Distributor orders in SAP
- Identification and distribution of rush & regular orders
- Working with Customer Service to make sure customer orders are correct with lot#, carrier, and expedited requests
- Customer, Transfer site, and vendor specific labeling as needed
- Effective and professional communication skills to various levels of the organization internal & externally
- Customer Service
- Multiple BYK sites
- LTL & FTL logistics & carrier companies
- Manage scheduling pick up appointments for both LTL, FTL, and distributor orders.
- Create Bills of Lading and packing slip for shipments, finalize shipping process in SAP (PGI)
- Prep FedEx orders from SAP to FedEx System.
- Fulfill miscellaneous projects time sensitive/indifferent
- Create monthly report and updates for KPI’s
- Create Storage Unit Barcode Labels
- Ordering and restocking of various material used in the logistic/warehouse setting
- Must successfully complete DOT/IATA/IMDG and Hazmat training
- Must follow emergency response procedures
- Help identify process improvement & developing department procedures
- Cross training & developing an understanding of how other dept. work
- Traveling to other sites as back-up to your assigned role.
Your recipe for success
- High School diploma
- Advanced computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP)
- Organizational skills
- Able to read and write in English
- High degree of initiative
- Mature, flexible, cooperative work attitude
- Typing skills (50 wpm)
- Word processing skills/Microsoft Office
- Capable of shifting/lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, time management & planning are essential
- Responding to coworker inquiries in a timely, accurate, and professional manner
- Aptitude for following directions and asking questions to clarify instructions
- Produce professional looking materials and documents
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00412
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktion & Logistik allgemein