The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
The ELANTAS division manufactures innovative insulating materials for the electrical and electronics industry and ensures that electricity flows safely. They are found in electric motors, household appliances, cars, generators, transformers, capacitors, digital cameras, wind mills, computers, lamps, circuit boards, and sensors, and help to ensure that product design engineers can construct ever smaller and more powerful electronic devices, thus saving materials and energy.
ELANTAS PDG is looking to expand its current engagement in the automotive industry by pursuing more direct business at the Tier 1 and OEM level as well as utilizing distribution to reach a broader customer base.
The Strategic Account Manager for Automotive is responsible to create entry points at targeted customers and to develop sales positions with EPDG’s current product portfolio, as well as through newly developed solutions.
The incumbent will identify and pursue business opportunities at the Tier 1 and OEM level with a primary emphasis on safety features and engine management applications.
The incumbent is responsible for the execution of the Business Line strategy by managing the entire sales process. In this role the incumbent will actively engage with our existing customer base in an effort to continuously grow our market share and create entry points at targeted new accounts to develop sales positions with EPDG’s current product portfolio, as well as through newly developed solutions.
The SAM will be a quick learner with strong negotiation skills and demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness. The incumbent must have the ability to effectively address customer needs through products and service offerings. In support of our new growth strategy the incumbent is expected to build strong relationships at the account level, with strong EPDG’s presence, which will require frequent customer visits. The incumbent will be tasked with giving presentations, attending networking events and trade shows.
Strategic Account Manager- Automotive
Your task structure
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Develop a strategy utilizing ELANTAS technical resources to identify existing and newly developed products that meet the application needs at key Automotive accounts resulting in year-on-year growth in sales and profitability.
- Manage key Automotive accounts with focus on providing technical sales support while hunting for new business potential within accounts.
- Formulation and execution of a regularly updated written account strategy and forecast.
- Responsible for the identification, qualification and implementation of products to customer requirements, forecast updates, updates in the PRS system, follow up of the results of samples delivered to customer, preparation of monthly reports, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with ELANTAS technical service group to acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of ELANTAS products and their application.
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor of Science/chemical engineering/chemistry is required. Major in polymers is preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in the automotive industry is essential
- Solid understanding of Electrical, Electronics, Automotive industry in North America
- Computer literate, able to efficiently use MS Office and other business systems e.g. SAP
- Proven track record of sales growth in the automotive industry
- Proven understanding and experience in the selling process
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders in an international business environment.
- Driven, self-motivated individual
- Be flexible, proactive and be self-disciplined
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills and result orientation
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to demonstrate and foster safe working behavior
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ELANTAS PDG, Inc. offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, extensive interdepartmental initial training, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, ﬂexible working hours with ﬂextime, and impressive compensation with good employee beneﬁts and pension plans.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
Jeff Pattison, Director - Human Resources, ELANTAS PDG, Inc., Tel. +1 314 - 622 8745
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00372
Legal entity: ELANTAS PDG, Inc.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Area of operations: Marketing & Vertrieb allgemein