The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of 2.3 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,400 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Develops, implements, and maintains procedures and programs to minimize environmental risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and provide technical support to Field Operations teams, engineering, regulatory and construction personnel.
- Manage site management compliance program and develop a compliance strategy to ensure operations compliance with applicable environmental regulations, permits, authorizations and agreements.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmental reports to various environmental agencies.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmentally related permit applications.
- Represent Company in verbal and written interaction with federal, state and local environmental agencies, as well as, in industry meetings and public hearings.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of current federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations that impact operations.
- Assist in developing environmental scopes of work, manage records, train and conduct audits of operations and construction activities.
- Stay informed on current and changing environmental procedures.
- Implement and maintain ISO14001 management system, and assess the environmental risk of activities and advise team members of environmental impact.
- Review, interpret and communicate new environmental legislation and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Act as resource during emergency response events.
- Investigate and audit waste management operations to ensure they comply with regulations and operate with effective safety, operating, and closure procedures.
- Develops, implements, and maintains programs and procedures for packaging, treating, storing, transporting, and disposing of waste.
- Maintain certifications required for hazardous material and hazard waste shipments.
- Safely operate a company vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Science.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the environmental compliance profession.
- Air/Water permit application experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize large volumes of daily workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills; written and verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: email@example.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00334
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Environmental Health & Safety