The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. You, too, can discover the special side of life with us. Bringing you many advantages.
The ACTEGA division manufactures innovative coatings and sealants and gives packaging attractive surfaces while keeping the contents fresh.
Your task structure
The Production Operator/Batchmaker is responsible for reviewing batch sheets, properly selecting weights of chemicals, and mixing chemicals to specifications as indicated on the batch sheets. The Batchmaker is responsible for verifying all products conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Support and promote a culture of safety first by personal demonstration of appropriate safety behaviors and actively caring about others.
- Have a solid understanding of production procedures including how to review a batch sheet, using the correct tanks, mixers, process piping, and preparation process.
- Maintains and is familiar with all necessary manufacturing equipment including but not limited to mixers, pumps, tanks, valves, forklifts, etc.
- Analyze and comprehend critical parameters of various product lines.
- Tracks and records production data from documents including customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and individual work production sheets.
- Calculate, track and record factors such as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, amount of scrap, and frequency of defects.
- Creates production reports based on data complied, and calculated.
- Maintains files of documents used and prepared.
Your recipe for success
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment. Previous chemical experience preferred.
- Ability to write, read, comprehend and follow simple instructions.
- Proven ability to perform simple math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ACTEGA North America offers you a lot of advantages. They include a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance, company paid life and accidental death insurance, long and short term disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement program.
Please apply online at www.altana.com
Job number: US00208
Legal entity: ACTEGA North America Inc.
Location: Delran, NJ
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung