The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
ECKART is one of the leading international manufacturer of metallic pigments for the paints and coatings industry, the graphic arts industry, the plastics, lightweight concrete industries and the cosmetics industry.
Your task structure
In this position, you will be responsible for:
Perform general maintenance duties in the pigment production areas and perform the duties indicated as Essential Functions.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on all plant production and ancillary equipment, to include any electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment for electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic failures including reviewing electrical, hydraulic, and other drawings and documentation.
- Perform any required brazing or welding of equipment.
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Maintain a clean work area. Clean up at the completion of each repair job in the area where it is done.
- Install new or used equipment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with required safety procedures.
- Perform oiling, greasing, and other preventative and predictive maintenance activities according to established schedules and work instructions.
- Must be able to squat, climb stairs, ability to shovel ten (10) pounds, climb vertical and extension ladders, push and pull 90 pounds for a distance of 50 feet, ability to lift 20 and 50 pounds from waist to shoulder, ability to lift 20, 50 and 65 pounds from floor to waist.
Your recipe for success
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in manual process environments.
- 3-5 years of industrial maintenance experience is required.
- Instrumentation and controls experience preferred.
- Experience with maintaining rotating equipment is required.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ECKART America offers you a lot of advantages. They include a competative total compensatoin package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance, company paid life and accidential death insurance, long and short term disability insurance, a 401-k with a match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimvursement program.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00203
Legal entity: ECKART America Corporation
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung