The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
The BYK division manufactures innovative additives as well as testing and measuring instruments for the coatings and plastic industry, and provides for surface gloss and scratch resistance. BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. BYK Additives improve the product characteristics and production processes. BYK Instruments can effectively evaluate the quality of color, gloss and appearance as well as the physical properties of paint, plastic and paper products as an important part of quality control. Today the company employs more than 1,800 people worldwide and forms part of the ALTANA Group.
Lab Chemist of Transportation Coatings
Your task structure
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all laboratory work conform to regulations, industry standards and 5S.
- Manage raw materials including chemicals and non-chemicals as well as lab consumables.
- Maintain lab facilities and precise instruments
- Give assistance to Lab Head, End Use Manager, Sales team etc. to achieve the sustainable growth of company.
- Provide / support technical presentation on public or in-house when necessary
- Accomplish the documentation work like technical report, lab operation files, etc.
- Conduct TSRs and key projects locally and globally.
- Other assigned work by supervisor
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor degree in chemistry or relevant majors.
- 3-5 minimum working experience in electrophoretic deposition coatings, including formulation design, laboratory operation, application and on- line trial.
- Have a good command of product, application and processing knowledge of electrophoretic deposition coatings.
- Fluent oral and written English and good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated, conscientious with teamwork spirit.
- Good logical and analytical skills.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK Additives (SH) Co. Ltd. offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, extensive interdepartmental initial training, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, ﬂexible working hours with ﬂextime, and impressive compensation with good employee beneﬁts and pension plans.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: Zongxian HU, Head of HR, BYK Additives (SH) Co. Ltd., Tel +86-21 - 3367 6328
Job number: CHINA00055
Legal entity: BYK Additives Shanghai Co Ltd
Area of operations: Anwendungstechnik / Technischer Service