The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Operate and maintain all plant utilities including but not limited to: Boilers, Air Compressors, RO water systems, Clarifier, and Wastewater Treatment Facility. The operator will be required to monitor the operation of the equipment, conduct test to determine proper settings and chemical additions, and perform minor repairs to keep the equipment in operating order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records and evaluates operating performance data and informs Supervisor/Technical Lead of potential problems and failures in a timely manner.
- Works with Supervisor/Technical Lead to expeditiously resolve problems and improve reliability and safety.
- Comply with all SOP’s and regulatory requirements.
- Perform minor mechanical and equipment maintenance.
- Perform chemical analysis and tests and make process adjustments accordingly.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Prepare reports as necessary.
- Train co-workers as needed.
- Recommend improvements to make the plant utilities more effective and efficient.
- Monitor all plant utilities equipment (including auxiliary equipment) for proper operations and correct as necessary.
- Observe process parameters to verify specified operation of automatic control systems.
- Adheres to all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves routine problems and notifies management of issues outside scope of responsibility.
- Updates and maintains documentation of work activities, including closing work orders as needed in the CMMS.
- Assist with other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Be available for on call shifts as necessary.
- Manage the status of work orders to completion.
Your recipe for success
- High school diploma or higher educational learning.
- Industrial experience in fast-paced production environments preferred.
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance background a plus.
- Strong trouble shooting skills, with the ability to analyze and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend equipment manuals, P&ID’s and schematics.
- Physically fit to access equipment and site locations, including the ability to bend, climb stairs/ladders, crawl, twist, walk and lift 50 lbs.
- Current CDL preferred.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and equipment used in industrial utilities applications.
- Good Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to safely operate industrial equipment.
- Thorough understanding of industrial mechanical and electrical maintenance activities and process controls.
- Computer skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with all associates.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A good understanding of process control systems.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical principles.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blueprints, machine drawings, process drawings and vendor manuals.
- Working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work and perform without direct supervision.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00544
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung