The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of 2.3 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,400 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the North Haven DC replenishment process through truck transportation and warehouse operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, & have safety in the forefront of all activities
- Dependable, punctual, and professional appearance
- Perform truckload shuttle run as prescribed
- CT & NY area
- Pre-plan work activities for daily/weekly calendars
- Must be able to load goods, secure for transport and apply placards when applicable
- Must have firsthand knowledge of hazardous materials & how to safely transport them
- Must understand how to read a Bill of Lading
- Must check all paperwork for accuracy
- Must be able to maintain, operating equipment.
- Including but not limited to, being able to perform pre and post trip inspections of vehicles, trailers and equipment
- Electronic Driver Logs
- Scan Gun
- Act as Primary Emergency spill responder on behalf of BYK
- Effective and professional communication skills to multiple levels of the organization.
- Government Officials
- Emergency Responders
- Responsible to have an understanding of BYK’s process & procedure’s
- Wear proper PPE in accordance with training
- Support Warehouse Operations
- Preparation of customer & distribution site shipments (Picking & Packing)
- Receiving & storing of inventory
- Inventory Cycle counts
- Loading & Unloading of Trailers
- Additional assignments as required
Your recipe for success
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) with both a HAZMAT and Tanker endorsement with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience.
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Forklift Experience
- O.T. Training
- Knowledge of HAZCOM
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00531
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktion & Logistik allgemein