Technical Sales Manager – West Region
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Technical Sales & Business development of specialty chemical additives within designated territory
- Deliver business growth aspirations with systematic project pipeline in the existing and new market, geography and customers.
- Interact with potential and existing customers and expand the product base by mapping our presence with the various customers.
- Understanding customer’s technical needs; developing, defining and implementing short and long-term customer growth strategies to achieve company’s and customer’s goals.
- Define sales strategy and be involved in the entire sales cycle from prospecting/enquiry to closure.
- Effectively advise and influence the customer especially within the development of business needs, decision criteria, through consultative selling techniques and relevant product technical promotion.
- Execute high quality of discussions to demonstrate BYK’s value proposition in customer’s product offerings.
- Generate technical service requests (TSR) in line with annual operating plan projects and lead execution of the same with EU Managers consultation.
- Be a bridge between Customer and BYK Technology Application Center for development project execution- Lead the execution of such lab projects (TSR) as per targeted timelines.
- Support End Use Managers to drive Product Group and End Use Category penetration in the nascent market in designated region.
- Provide necessary inputs on competition & their offerings through good market intelligence.
- Responsible for budgeted Value/Volume for the responsible region.
- Responsible for key initiatives, opportunity conversion and improve customer relationship.
- Existing and New business development.
- Arrange regular training & promotional programs with customers.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
For further information, please contact:
Priya Gugale, priya.gugale@, +91 20 6719 0767. altana. com
The closing date for all applications is 05/31/2023, and shortlisted candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview. For further information on the company, visit our web site at www.byk.com.
Requirements for Job
- Science graduate / Chemical Engineer / Postgraduate from a recognized university / Institute is a must.
- 08+ years of post-qualification, B-2-B Technical Sales and Business Development experience in Paint & coatings with minimum 5 years of an experience in R&D and product development.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer requirements, identify business problems and demonstrate proposed solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in all forms.
- Innovative with ability to interact, adapt and influence in a multi-culture environment.
- Self-Starter; Organized; Problem-Solving; Detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and have strong team building skills.
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
At ALTANA we want to be leading in everything we do. Therefore, active implementation of ALTANA´s corporate culture in everyday life is the most effective guideline. Unshakable guidelines of ALTANA´s corporate culture are the four corporate values of ALTANA
- Empowerment to act
- Openness and
They are the basis of the work at ALTANA, across divisions and continents, regions and countries, languages and cultural borders.
BYK India Private Limited
BYK, as part of the ALTANA Group, is a leading global supplier of specialty chemicals. Our innovative BYK additives improve scratch resistance and surface gloss, the mechanical strength or flow behavior of materials, and properties such as UV- and light stability or flame retardancy. BYK has a global network of subsidiaries and employs a workforce of more than 2,500 people worldwide.
BYK has been serving its customers in the Indian subcontinent region for more than 3 decades. BYK India Private Limited, incorporated in January 2018, has its registered office in Thane and corporate head office as well as ‘Customer Technology Centre’ in Pune.
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.