The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments in the coating, ink and plastics industry and provides surface gloss and scratch resistance. Our innovative power and global closeness to our customers make us a top partner and stay ahead of competition.
Specialist (m/f/d) Product Marketability & Compliance
Your task structure
- Management of registrations and preparation of dossiers in various jurisdictions in collaboration with authorities
- Assignment of toxicological and ecotoxicological research studies to external service providers as well as monitoring of ongoing studies
- Generate reliable information using (Q)SAR
- Preparation and maintenance of dossiers, for example for EU REACH
- Support of REACH IT, for example regarding updates of existing dossiers
- Submission and processing of inquiries directed to ECHA
- Monitoring and reporting of volumes for materials of production sites in the EU using SAP SVT
- Administration of EU REACH requirements for substance imports into the EU
- Supervision of dossier quality and/or CSR (chemical safety reports)
- Review of the usage of raw materials and BYK synthetic products concerning possible exposure of humans and the environment
- Preparation of exposure scenarios und reports for downstream users (customers)
- Participation in committees and industrial associations
Your recipe for success
- University degree with a focus on chemistry or a comparable technical education
- Professional experience in Regulatory Affairs is desirable
- Knowledge of chemicals regulation with a focus on European legislation
- Experience in the use of relevant software, for example IUCLID and SAP EH&S
Know-how in SAP EH&S is an asset
- Very good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly developed communication skills are considered an advantage, especially regarding regulatory discussions with internal specialists, external consultants, as well as in dealing with clients
- Self-reliant and independent way of working
- Good self-organization and ability to prioritize tasks
- Joy in working in a globally acting team in combination with a high level of self-initiative and team orientation
- Resilience and flexibility would be a plus
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK-Chemie offers you a lot of advantages. They include a wide range of tasks with enough room for development, constructive open-mindedness towards new developments and approaches, an attractive salary with good employee benefits and pension plans, a lifetime account and flexible working hours with flextime and an impressive compensation, a canteen offering a balanced variety food and drink, and parking spaces in sufficient quantity on our company grounds.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
BYK-Chemie GmbH | Michael Holsteg | Personal | Tel. +49 281 670 - 26016
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: 50000503
Legal entity: BYK-Chemie GmbH
Area of operations: Forschung & Entwicklung allgemein