The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
SAP Support Analyst SD/FI
Your task structure
Remote Option Available
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the local North American IT SAP Applications operations supporter during US business hours:
- Support local IT application systems incidents and changes, mainly SAP and peripheral systems and processes
- Responsible for qualifying North American application user and system issues, detailing service tickets and requirements, identifying urgent incidents and resolving issues with own expertise as well as the support of experts
- Interface and liaise with global process owner and external service providers and resources
- Support the continuous development process of the IT support organization as a contributing member
- Close collaboration as single point of contact for the business for North American application questions, issues and requests, especially SAP SD and FI
- Work independently to manage and resolve incidents, changes and project tasks
- Active involvement in the handover process from IT projects into IT operations; including process and system documentation
Your recipe for success
- Technical and/or business management degree or equivalent
- 5 years +/- experience in SAP ERP SD and FI/CO, BW reporting and SAP forms including output management (messages, condition records)
- MS Excel for reporting, e.g. use of pivot tables
- Knowledge of finance and logistics processes within the industrial/B2B environments
- General knowledge of printer management and understanding of network and IT infrastructure
- Experience in managing external service providers and resources
- Experience with IT support processes and organizations
Skills and Essential Functions:
- Manage incoming application IT requests and issues. Qualify incidents and requirements and identify appropriate path for resolution (e.g resolve locally, involve 2nd level global support, other internal/external support resources)
- Support business in identifying adequate SAP authorizations, raise and track requests
- Work closely and liaise with the Global Solution Providers (GPOs) to ensure the BYK global process is adhered to and support requirement’s clarification for any ongoing activities
- Perform regular and ad-hoc reporting and data exports to fulfill business requirements
- Investigate and determine root causes of operational application issues; direct resolutions to internal resources and develop work arounds when required
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00518
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Informationstechnologie (IT)