The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
The BYK division manufactures innovative additives as well as testing and measuring instruments for the coatings and plastic industry, and provides for surface gloss and scratch resistance. BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. BYK Additives improve the product characteristics and production processes. BYK Instruments can effectively evaluate the quality of color, gloss and appearance as well as the physical properties of paint, plastic and paper products as an important part of quality control. Today the company employs more than 2,300 people worldwide and forms part of the ALTANA Group.
Sales Manager - Asia
This position is responsible for all BYK-Gardner products sales activities in Asia, except PR China and Japan.
Your task structure
- Grow instrument business in Asian in accordance with the worldwide business plan.
- Manage and train all Asian sales channels.
- Direct communication and visit key customers and agents/distributors. Use a proactive, systematic, step by step approach to ensure all potential customers are contacted and/or visited to gain their business.
- Work with HQ locations of Key Accounts in the territory to specify BYK-Gardner products for use in all facilities worldwide. Coordinate activities in this regard with colleagues worldwide.
- Develop & implement, on a yearly basis, a rolling 3 years Asian instrument business plan.
- Identify and communicate Asian customer needs and BYK-Gardner current and potential value to Product Management and General Management.
- Train customers & agents/distributors about BYK-Gardner instrument strategy and program.
- Instrument marketing services plan and implementation support for Asia.
- Market research and intelligence for instrument business in Asia – Identify and research new markets, channels and applications. Understand and quantify current competitor product ranges, market shares, strategies and sales.
Your recipe for success
- With a Bachelor of Science qualification
- 5+ years in sales experience with 2 years of managerial experience, preferably in the paint & coating industry
- Willing to travel 50%+
- Good technical and computer attitude, open mind and willing to learn/listen
- Good sales and leadership skill
- Capable to deal with different kind of people
- Fluent in English & Mandarin, proficiency in other language a plus
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK Asia Pacific Pte Ltd offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, extensive interdepartmental initial training, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, ﬂexible working hours with ﬂextime, and impressive compensation with good employee beneﬁts and pension plans.
We invite you to get to know us better and to discover your own personal special side of life. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to:
John Ho, Regional HR Manager Asia-Pacific, Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Tel +65-68747673
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: AW00215
Legal entity: BYK Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Location: Taoyuan City
Area of operations: Marketing & Vertrieb allgemein