The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Regulatory Affairs Food Contact Expert
Your task structure
Responsible for food contact and cosmetic compliance programs related to BYK products in North & South America; liaison between BYK and external consultants; food contact and cosmetic data management; conducts food contact, cosmetic, and medical device product assessments; maintains drug master files with FDA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage food contact compliance program for BYK in North & South America
- Support BYK business teams by determining food contact compliance and discovering new business opportunities
- Prepare registration dossiers for government agencies
- Closely monitor evolving regulatory changes and communicate it across the company
- Interpret complex regulatory information and data sets
- Prepare risk assessments on BYK Products
- Support Global Food Contact Team as needed
Your recipe for success
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of US FDA food contact legislation
- Understanding of MERCOSUR food contact legislation
- Strong understanding of FDA Drug Master File filings
- Strong understanding of cosmetic/medical device legislation in North & South America
- SAP applications- data management, queries, downloads; other processes
- Capable of assessing data changes and impacts to product regulatory status
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task (time management and planning)
- Responding to customer inquiries in a timely, accurate, and professional manner
- Ability to work on a team and independently as needed
- Ability to communicate complex Regulatory topics to business partners
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or toxicology
- 8+ years working in a Regulatory Food Contact role
- SAP experience is a plus
- Highly organized, motivated, and effective
- Effective at working remotely
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Able to read
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Able to work in a global team
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00369
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Forschung & Entwicklung allgemein