The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
R&D Group Leader
Your task structure
The R&D group leader is a key role in the technical leadership of projects within the Research and Development group in Gonzales. This role manages projects from inception to completion for new product development, raw material qualification, process improvements, or technical service for commercial initiatives. These efforts include all aspects needed for successful completion of technical projects including providing technical expertise for scientific advancement, managing bench chemists/lab technicians, stakeholder engagement, and project management.
- Provide technical leadership and manage new product development projects, new process and process improvement projects, and technical service projects. This includes the design and execution of experimental laboratory work.
- Lead and direct the work of bench chemists and technicians to execute project tasks and experimental plans.
- Engagement with stakeholders from various departments and international locations to achieve project goals and drive projects to completion within projected timeline and resource budget.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, Purchasing, and other cross functional teams.
- Assist in raw material evaluations and qualifications.
- Coordinate with Quality for customer complaint investigation and provide technical support to the Quality department.
- Assist in the development and implementation of technical training for rheology and clay technologies to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Input of product composition, physical properties and known hazards data into SAP-EHS.
Your recipe for success
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00435
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Forschung & Entwicklung allgemein