The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Raw Material and Production Planner
Your task structure
To lead the Production and Raw Material Planning processes utilizing an integrated forecasting, production planning, and distribution systems to determine production build requirements; and executing on purchasing of the needed raw materials to meet the production schedule. Work closely with Production team to assure compliance with target parameters – timely raw material availability, minimization of stocks, and high adherence to customer delivery dates. Develop process optimization projects and the implementation of cost reducing methods considering the commercial, logistics, and inventory targets of the company. Specifically, to ensure that material is available for production and production is scheduled to meet customers’ needs while optimizing raw material and finished goods inventory levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead time and capacity scheduling; sequence planning; run-length & mix planning
- Create and maintain production schedule based on production requirements and possible production delays
- Ensure raw material availability to meet production schedule
- Optimization of the production planning according to the following aspects:
- Customer requirements
- Intercompany requirements
- Make to Order process
- Production process planning
- Measuring of production planning related KPIs.
- Optimizations of inventory levels (as low as possible while guaranteeing high level of availability)
- Determine safety stock levels
- Work with Sales and Demand Planning to obtain forecasts, identify trends, etc.
- Occasional travel required
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience
- APICS certified or commitment to obtain
- Supply Chain fundamentals including MRP, scheduling, and inventory control methods
- Master data management
- Knowledge of production and material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to learn and understand the technical aspects of the materials used and products produced
- SAP/APO experience
- Advanced excel
- Excellent communicator
- Must be data driven and have well-developed analytical skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Proven decision-making ability
- Ability to manage multiple job task simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to deal with rapidly-changing situations
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00453
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktionsplanung