The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
The hours for this position are 5:00pm - 1:00am.
This position directs the activities of production operators to reach production and quality goals while ensuring a safe working environment. Effectively supports interdepartmental coordination and communication and other production functions as required. This position is located in Louisville, KY
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all shift manufacturing operations, including packaging and bulk material operations
- Supervise Production personnel ensuring operations are carried out in a safe manner with proper PPE and that all company safety rules are followed.
- Performs periodic safety and housekeeping inspections as required.
- Participates in incident investigations as required.
- Ensures all employees follow all company rules and policies.
- Ensures all operations are carried out according to approved procedures and instructions.
- Communicates processing problems and equipment malfunction to maintenance, engineering and management.
- Ensures customer requirements are met at all times.
- Performs process equipment checks, troubleshoots processes and equipment.
- Monitors Process Control System and troubleshoots system as required.
- Coordinates required maintenance and repair activities
- Assists operators as required to insure production requirements are met.
- Controls inventory transactions and movements to maintain an accurate inventory of all goods.
- Performs required Infinium transactions to process production orders and minimize variances.
- Maintains inventory of supply materials
- Maintains inventory of packaging materials
- Responsible for environmental compliance (i.e., spill reporting, hazardous waste inspection)
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Oversees employees involved in hazardous waste activities
- Area Incident Commander in plant emergencies
- Provides leadership for establishing and maintaining a safe work environment. Proactively addresses and corrects all unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs required training for assigned operators.
- Performs plant start-up and shutdown inspections as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Employee will be required to lift 75# ladders and carry them at least 40 feet (occasionally)
- Employee will be required to lift 75# between floor and shoulder heights to perform various tasks
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair climbing, ladder climbing, crawling, kneeling, and, stooping
Your recipe for success
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Understanding of chemistry
- Proficient computer skills
- Good reading skills
- Capable of accessing all areas of the facility
- Capable of wearing respirator.
- BS/BA Degree preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Must be able to read and write English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar chemical environment
- Knowledge of general operation of all plant processes and auxiliary equipment associated with the manufacturing functions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment related to the work
- Knowledge of requirements for handling hazardous material
- Awareness of hazardous waste regulations.
- Successful completion of required regulatory training including OSHA, DOT, RCRA and HAZMAT.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of the Infinium system and essential transactions.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00532
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Louisville, KY
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung