The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Production Operator is required to operate a Robot bagging system which transfers Organo clay products into heavily lined paper and plastic bags
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Starting and stopping the robot bagging system.
- The operator will monitor the robot to ensure it is operating correctly.
- The operator will monitor and regulate the amount of product which is poured into the bags as per weight specification.
- The operator will monitor the duck bill apparatus to ensure it is functioning properly
- The operator will maintain the proper bags on the duck bill apparatus to provide the robot with bags.
- The operator will ensure all product they produced are fit for shipment by inspection and correction, if needed, of the follow;
- Bags placed on proper pallets
- Bags are not torn or damaged
- Bag valve sealed
- Bags free from any dust/material
- Bag are labeled properly
- Pallets is properly wrapped with the appropriate wrapper
- Pallets are transported to the warehouse and place in the designated storage area.
- The operator will perform moisture and particle size testing on the material they are producing.
- The operator must, safely and competently, operate a forklift.
- The operator will monitor and maintain the Press Spray Bar system for the system they are operating.
- The operator will monitor and maintain the inline screens.
- The operator will maintain a clean working area.
- The operator will be required to feed material back through a feedback system. This is completed by lifting, cutting and pouring a bag into a feedback system.
- The operator must abide by all company safety rules including PPE, LOTOTRY.
Your recipe for success
- Walking/Standing: Constant on concrete floor and metal grading, 10-12 hrs a day.
- Lifting: up to 25 lb. bags as frequently as 50-100 times per shift.
- While performing the feedback process, worker lifts a 25 pound bag and removes it from the pallet. The worker is required to lift and pivot and place the 25 pound bag onto a rail at approximately 35” vertical. Worker uses a bagging knife to cut the bag and pour onto the conveyer.
- Climbing: Frequently up metal steps 8-10” vertical over 100 per day using hand rails, carrying tools on occasion and inspecting machines and operations. Also climbing when operating forklift.
- Push/Pull: Frequently applying maximum force while adjusting the maneuvering bags on pallets and changing screens.
- Squat/Kneel: Frequently while operating blend back system, placing and removing up to 25 lb bags from the pallets.
- Reaching: Constantly to manually operate the machine and buttons and placing bags on the pallets, right, left, forward and overhead.
- Medical, Dental Vision- Participation within the first 30 days of employment
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Competitive Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with employer match
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00580
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung