The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Maintain all BYK USA, Gonzales plant mobile equipment in good working order by maintaining a good PM schedule and completing break down repairs in a safe and timely manner. Assist plant Maintenance teams as need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document all machine information (make, model, serial #, equipment #, odo/hrs, etc)
- Maintain accurate time and mileage records and turn in information on a daily basis
- Repair and maintain a variety of complex equipment, tools, and vehicles involving mechanical, hydraulic, diesel, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Document all work information in the CMMS
- Develop and maintain equipment PM schedule
- Assist Maintenance department in various duties as assigned
Your recipe for success
- 2+ years of experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic is preferred
- Maintain tools and possess the ability to safely and effectively use them.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and successfully repair the equipment
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Must be dependable and report to work on time; personal phone calls in an emergency only
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, vendors, contractors and plant personnel
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Must maintain a satisfactory driving record at all times
- Must be able to perform basic computer operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team or individually while unsupervised
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Welding skills preferred but not required
- Technical certification preferred but not required
- CDL license preferred
- Heavy equipment/diesel mechanic: 2+ years preferred
- Experience working on On-Road Tractor/Trailers, Front End Loaders, Backhoes, Forklifts, Manlifts, Utility Carts, Yard Tractors and other equipment used to support plant needs.
- Willing and able to attend team meetings and instructional classes.
- Willing and able to attend company sponsored self-improvement seminars on or off site.
- Requires the ability to lift, push or pull and move up to 50 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in varied environments
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
Critical Job Demands:
- Walking/Standing: Frequently while performing repairs and installations on uneven metal, concrete and gravel surfaces throughout the plant. Approximately 75% of the day is spent walking and standing.
- Lifting/Carrying: Mechanic is frequently required to carry and/or lift up to 50 pounds from floor to overhead. Worker may be required to use overhead hoists and jacks.
- Climbing: Mechanic is frequently required to climb steps within the plant. Worker must be able to climb up vertical steps and ladders to the highest points in the plant, over 100 rungs per day.
- Push/Pull: Mechanic is frequently required to use minor force while transporting, positioning, installing and dismantling equipment.
- Squat/Kneel: Mechanic is frequently required to squat and/or kneel in order to perform repairs on low level equipment.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00458
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung