The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Maintenance Reliability Engineer
Your task structure
The Reliability Engineer is an integral part of the Maintenance team focused on predictive and preventive measures for the site. This position provides technical expertise to all groups to improve process uptime, reduce equipment downtime and extend the overall life of plant equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and provide guidance in the maintenance and operation of the Site utilities.
- Coach and mentor other engineers and maintenance staff and provide technical expertise and engineering support.
- Develop a plan of equipment repair and set standards and create needed schedules for repairs.
- Develop and implement reliability strategies for plant equipment.
- Champion improvements in Predictive and Preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis concepts to improve system reliability.
- Provide technical scopes and engineering field support for projects and turnarounds.
- Support the development of the mechanical integrity program.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in equipment areas.
- Propose and champion projects to increase reliability or plant equipment.
- Work closely with Maintenance in the development and continuous improvement of plant Mechanical Integrity programs.
Your recipe for success
- Must be self-driven and motivated to learn new technologies and how to implement them with minimum supervision.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to adapt in order to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in working with Preventative and Predictive maintenance techniques.
- BS degree in Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, FMEA, RCFA, PM/PdM programs desirable.
- Five + years of industrial experience desirable.
- Experience with vibration, infrared, oil and ultrasonic analysis programs desirable.
- Safety Awareness (Recognizes and takes actions to improve conditions that affect employee safety)
- Judgment and Problem Solving (Commits to an action after considering logical alternatives)
- Initiative (Proactive; self-starter; performs work needed without direct supervision)
- Adaptability (Willingness to meet changing job requirements and responsibilities, work flexible hours and cover for absent employees)
- Analysis and Problem Solving (Analyzes data and information from available sources to determine cause and effect of problems)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Works effectively with team members, managers, and associates to accomplish company goals; takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others.
Must be physically fit and able to meet the following requirements:
- Able to lift up to and including 55 pounds.
- Able to climb stairs, squat, kneel and use arms, hands, and fingers on a regular basis.
- Have good eyesight or correctable vision.
- Have good hearing or correctable hearing.
- Able to work in cold, hot, dusty, dirty, loud, and humid environments.
- Able to work around moving equipment.
- Able to adjust shift schedule according to business demands.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00545
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung