The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Lead Operator A
Your task structure
Directs Batch Operators in the manufacture of products to meet customer demand with assistance and direction from the Production Supervisor. Ensures multiple batches are concurrently produced in a safe manner with a focus on quality and efficiency. Assists the Production Supervisor in mentoring talent in a workforce through training of proper manufacturing procedures and plant practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring process areas to ensure established run rates and cycle times are met, troubleshoot areas if needed
- Ensure Operators are adhering to documented procedures and correctly filling out paperwork as required
- Direct Batch Makers in the manufacturing processes (examples: take samples at designated times, monitor process equipment, stage raw materials, monitor temp and pressure during feeds, ect.)
- Work with the Production Supervisor, Engineering, and/or Maintenance to support continuous improvement activities and equipment installations through the MOC process
- Ensure raw materials are staged for current batches as needed and returned to proper inventory locations as directed
- Correctly fill out all batch paperwork as required, ensure SAP transactions are completed as the batch proceeds from cradle to packaging.
- Develop and grow Operator talent by offering constructive criticism and feedback when appropriate
- Provide means of training workforce to operate process equipment and processes safely and efficiently while producing material
- Work with Supervisor and Lead B Operator to plan workday of Operators on shift and communicate plan to interested parties
- Communicate Shift Status when Supervisor is absent, addressing concerns such as down time, out of spec batches, raw materials issues, labor shortages, etc.
- Drive workplace culture of clean and organized work areas
Your recipe for success
- HS Diploma required
- 5-7 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing setting
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- SAP experience desirable
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – Positive “can do” attitude, stress tolerant, ability to inspire others
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of PSM processes
- Knowledge of workplace safety regulations and practices as applied in a chemical manufacturing setting
- Strong verbal and communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in an organization
- Ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment
- Medical, Dental Vision- Participation within the first 30 days of employment
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Competitive Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with employer match
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00566
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung