The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter
Your task structure
The HR Generalist's primary responsibilities are focused on ensuring consistency and compliance across the recruiting process across all BYK USA sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all postings of open positions on both internal and external websites.
- Work with Hiring Managers and HR Managers to ensure that recruitment advertising is placed with diversity resources.
- Develop and administer programs focused on outreach programs including relationship building and resource expansion to diversify candidate pools for all positions.
- Maintain Affirmative Action Plan database
- Compile, analyze, and interpret ethnic, age, salary, and other confidential employment data for State and Federal compliance reports.
- Ensures compliance with Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines and labor laws as they relate to employment. Keeps abreast of relevant federal and state laws, and issues and developments in the affirmative action profession.
- Screen resumes received and coordinate interview schedules as needed
- Create offer letters and follow-up with candidates.
- Coordinate assessments
- Schedule physicals
- Process employment verifications and background checks
- Communicate weekly Employee News via email
- Coordinates employee orientation and on boarding
- Assist managers in determining onboarding schedules for new hires
- Ensure mandatory company or legal trainings are scheduled
- Attend career fairs as needed
- Maintain accuracy of and update employee personnel files in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Create new vendors and purchase requisitions and submit invoices to Finance for payment
- Provide support to other HR projects as assigned
- Efficiently operate a PC and various software systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to independently research and resolve non-routine problems
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation and organization skills
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong knowledge of Affirmative Action Plan requirements
- Previous experience with Payroll Systems, preferable ADP or SAP
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills, editing skills, and strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and database software.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team or committee.
- Strong customer service skills and background required for both internal and external customer relations.
- Confidently taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment and ensuring a high level of confidentiality with a positive attitude and patience. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
- An ongoing desire to learn, grow and contribute.
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to manage multiple deadlines of varying importance
- Ability to communicate professionally on written/verbal (in person and on the phone)/personal basis among a variety of personality types.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Ability to investigate complaints and problems
- Ability to conduct independent research of personnel and labor law
- Mathematical, logical thought process
- Ability to take complicated data / situations and make solid decisions from the information available
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision, or as part of a larger team
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00462
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Personal