The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
End Use Group Leader
Your task structure
The End Use Group Leader is a key role in the technical leadership of projects within the Oil and Gas Business Line in Gonzales, Texas. This role manages projects from inception to completion for new product development, raw material qualification, process improvements, and technical service for commercial initiatives. These efforts will also include responsibility for working with strategic and key oilfield customers in the production chemical market application to include all aspects needed for successful completion of technical projects including providing technical expertise for business advancement, managing lab technicians, stakeholder engagement, and project management. The role will be across upstream applications with significant focus on, but not limited to, flow assurance, especially paraffin inhibition, and phase separation with emulsion breakers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and manage new product development projects and technical service projects. This includes the design and execution of experimental laboratory work.
- Lead and direct the work of bench chemists and technicians to execute project tasks and experimental plans in a timely manner.
- Engagement with stakeholders from various departments and international locations to achieve project goals and drive projects to completion within projected timeline and resource budget.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, Purchasing, and other cross functional teams.
- Assist in raw material evaluations and qualifications.
- Assist in the development and implementation of technical training for oilfield production chemicals to both internal and external stakeholders.
Your recipe for success
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in chemistry or related field
- 5+ years experience in specialty chemicals, oilfield experience preferred
- Aptitude and ability to lead a team, 3-5 years experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in chemistry. Significant knowledge and experience in oilfield production chemistry is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with positive attitude and ability to inspire others
- Knowledge of laboratory and general safety practices, working ability with environmental and regulatory requirements and processes.
- Experience in project management
- Advanced technical analysis and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00468
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Produktentwicklung