The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
The Site Support Admin will work at the Wallingford Site Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and share responsibility for greeting all visitors in accordance with DHS safety procedures. This position will interface with all levels of internal staff, outside visitors and contractors. Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Site Administrative Support will be part of the Administrative Team. This is a true team environment where we all work together towards a common goal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact greeting guests with a professional demeanor.
- Understand and follow established site and security procedures for receiving visitors.
- Create photo ID badges for visitors and employees.
- Understand company emergency policies and procedures to perform functions as required in emergency situations.
- Answer incoming calls and direct callers to the appropriate person and/or department.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Create FedEx labels as requested.
- Maintain mailroom and office supplies.
- Assist other departments with office supply orders as needed.
- Provide sitewide support for printers/copiers.
- Process customer invoices.
- Manage purchase orders for the front desk.
- Assist departments with onsite conference/meeting logistics.
- Routinely check all conference rooms to ensure they are properly maintained.
- Organize and check supplies for catering needs on a regular basis for the Conference Center.
- Check campus kitchens on a weekly basis to monitor supply needs.
- Manage purchase orders for General Admin Group as well as other departments as needed.
- Ad hoc support for other departments as needed.
- Backup support for Wallingford Administrative Assistants.
- Have fun at work and help others do the same.
Your recipe for success
- Associates degree or 3+ years of experience as an administrative professional.
- Strong customer service skills, organization, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Familiar with SAP
- Experience with the planning and coordination of special events and internal meetings.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to lift 40lbs
Skills & Essential Functions:
- Ability to deal with people and adjust to fluctuating situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional phone manner.
- Ensure a high level of integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Project enthusiasm, professionalism, and a positive attitude with precise attention to detail, organization, and cleanliness.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including colleagues, outside contractors, vendors, etc.
- Ability to make site announcements via the paging system.
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic scheduling, fast paced, and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of written and verbal instructions and respond with discretion and good judgment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, (including Teams) and the ability to learn other software as needed.
- Familiarity with AV conferencing equipment.
- Punctuality and good attendance are required.
- Flexible and responsive to company priorities.
- Practices and values teamwork.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Takes responsibility for completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Positive interaction with employees, contractors, vendors, visitors.
- Motivated to take on reasonable additional tasks and responsibilities when needed.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime to support onsite events outside working hours.
- Ability to think and plan ahead.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00470
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Verwaltung allgemein