The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
The ELANTAS division manufactures innovative insulating materials for the electrical and electronics industry and ensures that electricity flows safely. They are found in electric motors, household appliances, cars, generators, transformers, capacitors, digital cameras, wind mills, computers, lamps, circuit boards, and sensors, and help to ensure that product design engineers can construct ever smaller and more powerful electronic devices, thus saving materials and energy.
Your task structure
- Perform analysis of financial statement accounts and specific projects, as directed.
- Prepare/Review journal entries in conjunction with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to the parent company.
- Analyze financial results and variances, ensuring completeness and accuracy of subsidiary general ledgers as well as work with other departments to explain significant variances during the period.
- Assist CFO with the preparation of annual LRP and quarterly Forecast through review of departmental OPEX, understanding of business, industry and pricing trends.
- Prepare financial reports/analyses required by management or government agencies, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, monthly and quarterly management reports (e.g. “IDL”, “IAS”), sales tax reports, etc.
- Prepare, review and analyze account reconciliations, including timely investigation and resolution of discrepancies and reconciling items. Ensure compliance with ALTANA Internal Control requirements.
- Personnel management of A/P and backup support of Cost Accounting, A/P and A/R responsibilities.
- Work with ICS Managers across NAFTA ALTANA to share ICS best practices to make this annual audit more efficient and meaningful.
- Review reconciliation used in consolidation/elimination of inter-company activity, including intercompany service entries, ensuring completeness and accuracy of intercompany balances reported.
- Responsible for gathering supporting documentation for year-end independent audit, IRS audits, etc., as well as act as liaison with external auditors and external tax advisor.
- Report Daily Treasury activity and forecast cash activity to ALTANA Treasury in German HQ.
- Review and file monthly/quarterly sales, deferred and GST tax reports.
- Maintain and drive department update of business policies and finance procedures.
- Report on capital spend vs plan through timely communication with operations.
- Maintain SAP’s Project System, Fixed Asset System, ensuring fixed assets are maintained, capitalized, transferred, retired and physically verified in accordance with corporate policy.
- Responsible for the recording of depreciation and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, ensuring proper gain/loss on disposition.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Your recipe for success
ELANTAS PDG, Inc. (“EPDG”) is currently searching for the ideal, hands-on candidate for an Accounting Manager in St. Louis, Missouri.
The Accounting Manager will perform a variety of accounting assignments: provide financial analysis, reporting and general accounting information, prepare/review reconciliations and ensure compliance with ALTANA Internal Control requirements. Produce accurate and timely financial statements as needed. Work closely with the controller and operations in the planning and analysis function. Identify opportunities to enhance internal controls documentation and support regulatory compliance and business planning by performing analyses. Work closely with other departments regarding general accounting activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of previous experience in Accounting with monthly-closing experience
- Highly Proficient in SAP and Excel (i.e. pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or MBA, preferred
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance. Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos;
- Must possess hands on ability to review, synthesize, interpret and manipulate complex models and data sets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ELANTAS PDG, Inc. offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, extensive interdepartmental initial training, short information and decision-making paths, further education and training offers and impressive compensation with good employee beneﬁts.
If you would like to be part of an innovative team and think you are a good candidate for this position, please apply via our job market site www.altana.jobs or submit your résumé to Jay Jones, Head of Human Resources for ELANTAS PDG, Incorporated email@example.com. ELANTAS PDG, Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00332
Legal entity: ELANTAS PDG, Inc.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Area of operations: Rechnungswesen & Finanzen