The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
ECKART is one of the leading international manufacturer of metallic pigments for the paints and coatings industry, the graphic arts industry, the plastics, lightweight concrete industries and the cosmetics industry.
Your task structure
The primary function of the Maintenance Engineer is to provide maintenance support and technical expertise on a plant wide basis to improve equipment availability and reliability as well as plan and schedule corrective and preventive maintenance activities. In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that machinery, electrical systems, and infrastructure, run safely and optimally with minimal downtime.
- Proactively work with Production for continuous improvement in areas of energy efficiency and processing equipment.
- Direct and assist maintenance team and contractors in maintaining and troubleshooting existing mechanical equipment, processes, and facilities. Communicate directly with operations to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Manage and maintain the system for tracking work orders, spare parts (strategic inventory), and maintenance history of plant equipment through the CMMS. Utilize and monitor metrics for continuous improvement.
- Plan and schedule corrective and preventative maintenance activities by task and priority level as well as order parts and tools needed to complete work orders.
- Utilize system drawings and diagrams to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and components and repair as necessary.
- Improve plant uptime by implementing preventative and predictive maintenance programs (oil analysis, vibration monitoring, infrared, etc.).
- Follow critical repairs closely to document findings and best practices to prevent rework and callouts.
- Responsible for the collection of equipment operation and history data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the design, specifications, contractor selection, and installation of new equipment, processes, and facilities (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and automation).
- Promote safety and actively participate and support the plant Process Safety Management program.
- All other duties as assigned.
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical
- A minimum of 2 years industrial experience including rotating and pneumatic/hydraulic machinery and electrical control systems, PLCs, and drives.
- Able to read and comprehend fabrication and assembly drawings, written project specifications, equipment specifications, manufacturer’s recommendations, and P&IDs.
- Strong working knowledge of compressors, evaporators, condensers, piping on HVAC systems, also other electrical systems
- Ability to work off hours and overtime as needed with short or no advance notice
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communications skills and ability to perform well with a team
- Must be able to work independently without supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- CMMS experience – SAP preferred
- Lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy; develops and adopts new ideas and concepts.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ECKART America offers you a lot of advantages. They include a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance, company paid life, long and short term disability insurance, a 401-k with a match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement program.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career. Please send us your application to: Tina Delligatti, Head of Human Resources, ECKART America, Office: 440.954.7632, Tina.Delligatti@altana.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00549
Legal entity: ECKART America Corporation
Location: Schererville, IN
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung