The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Leads the production team in generation of products for sale. Cooperates with Maintenance, Engineering, EHS, Supply Chain, and Finance. Develops talent in workforce and installs measurements and controls to monitor performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spend about 50% of time troubleshooting of process problems – operator, equipment, chemicals
- Reviews, corrects SOPs ensuring operators have clear work instructions to run process
- Coordinate repairs and equipment calibrations with maintenance – permits written as needed
- Works with QC/R&D to determine root cause for quality deviations or raw material problems
- Works with engineering for continuous productivity improvement or equipment installation
- Work with planning to build efficient production schedule to meet the need of the business
- Work with warehouse/logistics/purchasing to ensure raw materials/labels/packaging are ready for production to avoid downtime and non-productive labor hours
- Accounts for raw materials used in production, compares actual usage to BOM standards, initiates root cause investigations where over consumption is occurring.
- Lead and manage operator workforce
- Scheduling operator time and time off, distribute qualified operators between shifts
- Provide means of training workforce to operate equipment, produce safely & efficiently
- Set standards and drive workplace culture for clean and organized workplace
- Develop operator talent by offering constructive criticism and positive feedback as appropriate.
- Exercise control over interpersonal behavior within the workgroup – what is acceptable and what is not. Ensure fair treatment is maintained between employees, cooperative atmosphere with other site workgroups (maintenance, warehouse, QC), and lead by example.
- Enforce company policies, comply with US employment laws, EPA and OSHA standards
Your recipe for success
- BS/BA Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing operations preferably in a chemical plant
- Competent on standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office, SAP experience desirable
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills – positive attitude, stress tolerant, able to inspire others.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and environmental regulations as applied to a chemical production facility, as well as the incident command system.
- Knowledge of budgets, product costings, and material utilizations.
- Knowledge of labor laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00436
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Chester, NY
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung