The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Process Controls Technician
Your task structure
This position is responsible for providing controls support to the Wallingford Connecticut additives manufacturing plant. This includes day to day manufacturing support, as well as ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant and process safety rules, safe operating methods, and good housekeeping standards.
- Respond to any equipment downtime issues in the plant and establish any required outside resources to assist in resolving issues quickly.
- Debug and make PLC/HMI program changes to improve existing automated process.
- Testing, maintaining, and modifying existing systems including technical network infrastructure.
- maintain PLC & HMI applications for existing and new process systems.
- maintain documentation for system sequence of operation and control system architecture & programming logic.
- Communicate actions taken to repair the machine to Operator and/or Manager
- Install and wire automation equipment based on electrical design schematics
- Employee will be required to lift 75# ladders and carry them at least 40 feet (occasionally)
- Employee will be required to lift 75# between floor and shoulder heights to perform various tasks
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair climbing, ladder climbing, crawling, kneeling, and, stooping
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Your recipe for success
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of industrial controls experience required.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings.
- High level of PLC troubleshooting (programming experience a plus) with strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with OT Network maintenance (i.e., adding and removing devices with ethernet protocol configurations)
- Proficient in Microsoft based computer systems.
- Experience with Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, and FactoryTalk View development software.
- Ability to troubleshoot, replace, and modify HMIs and VFDs.
- SQL Database experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of communication networks (Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus).
- Experience in a Chemical or Liquid Manufacturing environment a plus.
- Familiar with PSM standards preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation of batch processes and associated auxiliary equipment used in the chemical industry.
- In-depth knowledge of process instrumentation and industrial control systems including PLC troubleshooting, HMI Visualizations and Server infrastructure.
- knowledge and strong experience of motor controls, HMIs and VFDs.
- Team orientated with good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and react well under pressure.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Background in production operations, including familiarity of machinery and process equipment typically used in a chemical-producing environment.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00473
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung