The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Performs general mechanical, electrical, and maintenance duties in the plant, warehouse, and office facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and follow all OSHA, local and State safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
- Must be available at all hours to perform emergency repairs when required (infrequent occurrence)
- Maintain the facility to a high standard regarding safety and housekeeping
Your recipe for success
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of maintenance experience
- Basic trade skills, i.e., carpentry, masonry
- Working knowledge of pumps, compressors, vacuum systems ,heaters ,ovens and dust collection systems
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment and circuitry
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of or willingness to learn vacuum pumps, water pumps, heaters , compressors, dust collection systems, extrusion, and compaction equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment and circuitry, from high voltage to PLC programing.
- Able to maintain records of repairs and modifications of facilities through work order software
- Good mechanical abilities and aptitude
- Maintain, trouble-shoot and repair pumps, motors, compressors, ovens, dust collectors, extrusion, and compaction equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Performs electrical repairs all levels.
- Basic trade skills, i.e., carpentry, masonry, fabrication and welding.
- Must be available to perform emergency repairs when required and respond to call-ins
- Must be able to Lift, Push, Pull_60bs. Without assistance
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair climbing, ladder climbing, crawling, kneeling, and, stooping
- Employee will be required to perform fine motor activities including nut/bolt manipulation, using a screwdriver, and wiring
- Employee will be required to work in confined spaces
- Provides leadership for establishing and maintaining a safe work environment. Proactively addresses and corrects all unsafe behaviors and conditions
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00467
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Earth City, MO
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung