The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Manages all aspects of Production at the Wallingford, CT site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily manufacturing functions as well as any other activities related to the production operation.
- Ensures all operations are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with regulations and company policies and ensures all employees use and follow company requirements for PPE and safety gear.
- Ensures cleanliness and good housekeeping standards are met in all work areas.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, regulations and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Responsible for staffing, training and supervision of production employees.
- Assures all processes and testing are carried out in accordance with approved recipes, procedures and instructions.
- Analyze root causes of process deviations and determines corrective measures to achieve efficient and consistent production processes.
- Develops department budgets and operates within budgets.
- Participates in emergency response as required and according to training level.
- Assists other departments as required to ensure overall performance of the plant.
- Ensures all employees are treated fairly and equitably by established and well-communicated guidelines.
- Assure complete production batch documentation and entry of process data into the computer system.
- Monitor all performance of production employees and perform annual performance reviews of the production employees
- Maintaining department procedures and work instructions, including production related ISO procedures
- Responsible for inventory control of packaging supplies, raw materials, and plant supplies.
- Performs and participates in incident investigations as required.
- Participate in the technology transfer process from Wesel and other facilities to Wallingford.
- Develop and manage KPI’s, use KPI’s to measure department strategy and communicate plant goals stakeholder groups
Your recipe for success
- BS/BA Degree
- 10 + years experience in batch chemical plant operations
- Excellent computer knowledge including experience working with plant process control systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the general operation of chemical plant processes and auxiliary equipment associated with manufacturing functions.
- Experience managing personnel and processes through Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures for the handling of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment.
- Proficiency in maintaining accurate records, inventory status and control of all materials handled in production operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plant and equipment drawings, procedures, emergency response manuals, production orders and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely and communicate in a professional manner both written and orally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong demonstrated leadership, influence and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to access all areas of facility.
- Must be able to wear SCBA, and be able to participate in ERT.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00461
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung