The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Your task structure
Performs general light mechanical, housekeeping, grounds keeping, and maintenance duties in the plant, warehouse, and office facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains physical condition of buildings and grounds
- Maintain the facility to a high standard with regard to safety and appearance
- Cleaning of office space, common areas and restroom areas
- Re-stock and re-order supplies for kitchens and restrooms
- Receiving and distribution of incoming packages and office paper
- Furniture moves and minor office repairs and modifications
- Operation of snow removal equipment
- Follows all safety procedures
- Responsible for environmental compliance
- Must be available to perform emergency repairs when required
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform wintertime snow removal duties
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
Your recipe for success
- Knowledge and awareness of basic safe work habits and practices
- Must successfully complete appropriate chemical awareness training
- Must be aware of hazardous waste requirements
- Knowledge and experience of housekeeping tasks and operations
- Knowledge and experience in operating landscaping equipment
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with hand tools and battery operated power tools
- Ability to read and write intelligently
- Good mechanical abilities and aptitude
- High School Diploma and valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- 3+ years of facilities maintenance experience
- Basic trade skills to use and maintain hand tools and cleaning equipment
- Good mechanical abilities and aptitude
- Able to safely drive company vehicles, including machinery and pick up trucks
- Employee will be required to lift ladders and carry them at least 40 feet (occasionally)
- Employee will be required to lift 70# from floor to 4 inches to move packages onto a pallet (occasionally)
- Employee will be required to lift 70# between floor and shoulder heights to perform various tasks requiring maintenance
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair climbing, ladder climbing, crawling, kneeling, and, stooping
- Employee will be required to perform fine motor activities including nut/bolt manipulation, using a screwdriver, etc.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: email@example.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00417
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung