The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
This position is responsible for providing process engineering support, including process development and capital project implementation, to the Gonzales, TX additives manufacturing plant.
- De-bottleneck current manufacturing processes through the optimization of existing equipment, improved use of resources or the acquisitions of new technology & equipment.
- Assist in the development of flow sheet design, technical evaluation of equipment, conduct plant evaluations and conduct the commissioning of new manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot and solve existing manufacturing /quality problems to improve up time and first time prime quality.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate productions processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and supervises the design engineering of new models.
- Tests ability of machines to perform designated tasks.
- Develops models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Analyzes, evaluates and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor and design changes.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor of Science degree in Process Technology, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of related experience in an engineering support department.
- Experience in industrial minerals, specialty chemicals, and material handling are a plus.
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and oral, sound business judgment, strong interpersonal and technical skills and a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to effectively work with customers (internal and external), and to work well with people at all levels of the company.
- Familiarity with database, project management, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV Distributed Control System (DCS) is a polus
- Experience with project commissioning is a plus.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00402
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung