The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for establishing and maintaining a safe work environment. Proactively addresses and corrects all unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Responsible for environmental compliance with production (i.e., spill reporting, hazardous waste inspection).
- Assists in monitoring analytical results, process parameters, Overall Equipment Efficiency etc. for observing trends, improvement ideas and training of others.
- Monitors performance of equipment and recommends operational changes to achieve established goals and objectives
- Assist production as necessary with process improvement activities and project initiatives to improve quality, yield, and efficiency or resolve equipment issues.
- Monitor SAP process orders and the SAP transaction process for identifying and solving issues as needed.
- Coordinates production schedule and manages required repack material requests.
- Participates in incident investigations, process hazard analysis and root cause investigations as required.
- Issues and updates as required operation procedures and training material for operators.
- Improve and maintain operator training material and evaluation process.
- Performs periodic safety and housekeeping inspections as required.
- Assist and or assume Supervisor responsibilities when needed.
- Coordinates required maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair activities.
- Assists operators as required to insure production requirements are met.
- Performs inventory analysis, cycle counts and supports raw material staging process.
- Performs required SAP transactions to process production orders and minimize variances.
- Maintains inventory of supply and packaging materials.
- Acts as Emergency Commander during plant emergencies as needed.
- Process order prep
- Process order reconciliation and closing
- Cycle counting and inventory accuracy
- Triggering raw material staging
- Rework management
- Production reporting/information retrieval
- Recipe and BOM maintenance
- Process time evaluation
- Master data maintenance (for all materials-subs, idents, raw materials, packaging, rest, rework)
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Employee will be required…
- Meet regulatory requirements assigned to this position including OSHA, and DOT.
- Perform SAP transitions to ensure accuracy of consumption, delivery and process times as captured in SAP process orders.
- Assist in interpretation of data to observe trends, train others and improve processes.
- Monitor performance of equipment, processes and workflows and directing operational changes necessary to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Support new project, product implementation.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of processes, and workflows under individual’s direction as well as interfacing with other departments.
- Perform periodic audits of housekeeping, SAP inventory, training procedures, operational checklists etc.
- Provides production process education and training.
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Must be an effective communicator and Leader
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making ability
- Strong math aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years work history in a similar chemical environment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment related to production functions.
- Awareness of hazardous waste regulations and knowledge of requirements for handling hazardous materials.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Advance knowledge of operation of all plant processes and auxiliary equipment associated with the manufacturing functions.
- Successful completion of required regulatory training including OSHA, DOT, RCRA and HAZMAT.
- Experience with SAP system and essential transactions, PSM requirements for manufacturing, and Plant PAx Process Control System.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations:
Produktion / Fertigung