The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Testing and measuring instruments from BYK-Gardner effectively evaluate the quality of color, gloss and appearance as well as the physical properties of paint, plastic and paper products and are an important part of quality control.
Your task structure
In this position, you will manage all aspects of shipping, receiving and inventory control, ensure accurate and effective operation of all warehouse functions, and maintain accuracy of customer order billing.
Your recipe for success
- Demonstrated team player with progressive management experience
- Inventory control experience required; barcoding technology experience preferred
- Knowledge of international shipping procedures and processes required
- Upright forklift certification (or ability to be certified) required
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel; daily use of MS Office required
- Effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication skills
- Education & Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 5 years of shipping and handling experience, including at least 3 years in a supervisory or managerial capacity
- Special Position Requirements
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50lbs on a regular basis
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK-Gardner USA offers a lot of advantages - competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a great work environment.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00273
Legal entity: BYK-Gardner USA
Location: Columbia, MD
Area of operations: Produktion & Logistik allgemein