The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. You, too, can discover the special side of life with us. Bringing you many advantages.
The ACTEGA division manufactures innovative coatings and sealants and gives packaging attractive surfaces while keeping the contents fresh. ACTEGA Metal Print has its focus on a metallography technology for metallization graphics, supplanting foil-transfer in applications such as labels and folding cartons. The technology is both economically attractive and environmentally sustainable, saving a significant amount of material, cost and production time compared to the conventional cold foil and hot foil stamping technology.
Project Manager (m/f) Elastomers
Your task structure
- Conduct all necessary development and laboratory work to transfer, further develop and commercialize a new technology
- Further optimize the status quo in laboratory
- Develop process stable components in pilot plant
- Develop and accompany production process with partners
- Technically accompany the market launch of product
- Close cooperation with engineering and application technology department
- Exchange with R&D colleagues from other ACTEGA / ALTANA entities
Your recipe for success
- Chemist / Material Scientist / Technician with profound knowledge and experience in elastomer chemistry, preferably silicones
- Experience with surface and boundary layer phenomena (adhesion, polarity, surface energy)
- Experience in processing of elastomers (coating, injection molding, etc.)
- Minimum 5 year job experience
- Interest in experiments using technical equipment and new production technologies
- Fluent in English, at least good German language knowledge
- Willingness to live and work abroad for several weeks at a time (Israel)
- Excellent computer skills, in particular MS office to evaluate and prepare experiment results
- Close cooperation with interdisciplinary team structures
- Self motivated and creative , hands-on mentality
- Driving license class B
- Knowledge of SAP R 3 preferred
- Understanding of application processes in printing industry desirable
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
Your Contact: ACTEGA Metal Print GmbH | Dr. Matthias Eul | Head of R&D Consumables | Tel +49 151 28242617
Job number: AD00426
Legal entity: ACTEGA Metal Print GmbH
Area of operations: Forschung & Entwicklung allgemein