The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Testing and measuring instruments from BYK-Gardner effectively evaluate the quality of color, gloss and appearance as well as the physical properties of paint, plastic and paper products and are an important part of quality control.
National Sales Manager
Your task structure
Overall responsibility for Regional Sales Managers and sales growth in North American territory.
Your recipe for success
- Potential for General Management responsibility
- Skilled team member, manager and leader
- Excellent data driven management and reporting skills
- Proven strategic and solutions oriented selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, across all levels
- Proficient listening and questioning abilities
- Skilled at time management and natural business acumen
- Proficient at data analysis using CRM database; must be a proficient user of MS Excel
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management or related discipline; Masters degree preferred.
- Technical/professional outside sales and sales management experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience managing and retaining high performance sales teams required.
- Experience in paint, instrumentation or electronic industries preferred.
Special Position Requirements:
- 60% travel required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Valid passport (or ability to obtain)
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK-Gardner USA offers you a lot of advantages - competitive compensation, excellent benefits and flexible work arrangements.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00278
Legal entity: BYK-Gardner USA
Location: Columbia, MD
Area of operations: Verkauf & Außendienst