he ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
The ACTEGA division manufactures innovative coatings and sealants and gives packaging attractive surfaces while keeping the contents fresh. ACTEGA Metal Print has its focus on a metallography technology for metallization graphics, supplanting foil-transfer in applications such as labels and folding cartons. The technology is both economically attractive and environmentally sustainable, saving a significant amount of material, cost and production time compared to the conventional cold foil and hot foil stamping technology.
Head of Engineering
Your task structure
- Responsible for the entire R&D of a machine unit
- Creation of a team of qualified mechanical engineers and subsequent leadership of this team
- Ensuring the complete know-how transfer from Israel to ACTEGA Metal Print
- Design of experiments
- Close communication and collaboration with the chemistry development team and application technology
- Managing the collaboration with suppliers
- Ensuring the smooth transition from the prototype to serial production
Your recipe for success
- University degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in the area of printing machine technology
- At least 10 years of experience in the development of multidisciplinary systems
- Expertise in the development of portable systems, heat transfer and flow systems
- Familiarity with simulation analyses
- Experience in development from the concept to commercialization
- Excellent knowledge of CAD design
- Fluent knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of MS Office software
- Management experience
- Willingness to live and work for several months in Israel
- Knowledge of SAP R3 ideally
- Knowledge of current print processes desirable
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ACTEGA Metal Print offers you a lot of advantages. They include a creative and open atmosphere, flexible working models, pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, ﬂexible working hours with ﬂextime, and impressive compensation with additional performance-based components.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
Your Contact: ACTEGA Metal Print GmbH | Jan Franz Allerkamp | Managing Director | Tel +49 151 54370363
Job number: AD00398
Legal entity: ACTEGA Metal Print GmbH
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung