The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of 2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. You, too, can discover the special side of life with us. Bringing you many advantages.
The BYK division manufactures innovative additives as well as testing and measuring instruments for the coatings and plastic industry, and provides for surface gloss and scratch resistance. BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. BYK Additives improve the product characteristics and production processes. BYK Instruments can effectively evaluate the quality of color, gloss and appearance as well as the physical properties of paint, plastic and paper products as an important part of quality control. Today the company employs more than 1,800 people worldwide and forms part of the ALTANA Group.
Asian Physical Test Equipment (PTE) Manager
Your task structure
This position is responsible for all PTE sales activities in Asia, management of the Asian sales channels, and technical and marketing support in Asia:
- Grow PTE sales and profit in Asia in accordance with the worldwide PTE business plan.
- Analyze and optimize Asian PTE sales channels, including direct sales, agents, distributors and resellers. Coordinate activities with the Asian Sales Managers.
- Manage and train all Asian PTE Sales Channels.
- Direct communication and visits with key customers and agents/distributors at accounts throughout Asia. Use a proactive, systematic, step by step approach to ensure that all potential PTE customers are contacted and/or visited to gain their business. Develop PTE Key Account relationships through direct personal contact and visits.
- Direct sales of PTE to key accounts – in the field at customers 50%+ of the time
- Work with HQ locations of Key Accounts in the territory to specify BYK-Gardner products for use in all facilities worldwide. Coordinate activities in this regard with colleagues worldwide.
- Develop & implement, on a yearly basis, a rolling 3 year Asian PTE business plan.
- Identify and communicate Asian customer needs and BYK-Gardner current and potential value to PTE Product Management and General Management.
- Train customers and sales channels about BYK-Gardner PTE strategy, programs, and instruments.
- Technical support for internal and external customers related to PTE – the Asian PTE technical expert.
- PTE marketing services plan and implementation support for Asia.
- Market research and intelligence for PTE in Asia - identify and research new markets, channels and applications. Understand and quantify current competitor product ranges, market shares, strategies and sales.
- Manage activities in Standards organizations related to PTE, and ensure that our products are compliant with all applicable specifications. Ensure that where possible BYK-Gardner products are mentioned in specifications.
Your recipe for success
- BS or BA in a scientific discipline
- 2+ years outside sales experience, preferably in the paint & coatings industry
- 2+ years laboratory experience, preferably in the paint & coatings industry
- Willingness to travel 50%+
- Good technical and mechanical aptitude
- Good sales and leadership skills
- Fluent in English & Mandarin, proficiency in Japanese a plus
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK Asia Pacific Pte Ltd offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, extensive interdepartmental initial training, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, ﬂexible working hours with ﬂextime, and impressive compensation with good employee beneﬁts and pension plans.
We invite you to get to know us better and to discover your own personal special side of life. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to:
John Ho, Regional HR Manager Asia-Pacific, Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Tel +65-68747673
Job number: AW00133
Legal entity: BYK Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Area of operations: Marketing & Vertrieb allgemein